Why Living images not working after the official upgrade of Windows 10 Mobile?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I'm using a Lumia 640xl with windows 10 mobile. In setting "Living images" toggle button is present, but pics are clicked as normal ones. It was working fine with windows phone 8.1.
Note: My Camera app is up to date and my OS version is 10.0.14393.67.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
It could be one of two things. Either the camera is not detecting motion and therefore not taking a Living Image, or the Photos app simply won't show you the Living Image version of the photo.
1) Try experimenting with photos to see if you can get a Living Image to take when there's lots of motion
2) Make sure your apps are updated and keep viewing the photos that are supposed to be Live, swipe to the next photo, then swipe back (repeat a few times)

Beyond what I've said here it's probably a bug that you need to report to Microsoft through the Feedback Hub. I would suggest a hard reset but I'm not sure it would be worth the hassle to you to try and fix a small feature when the "fix" might not even work.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Living Images are no longer available for phones below the Lumia 950. I guess they will eventually hide the option so as not to confuse. It's a bit like the removal of 5.1 audio recording for videos I suppose. I'm kind of getting used to the steady reduction of features on Microsoft phones so I expect it now, but it still provokes a sigh.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Living Images are no longer available for phones below the Lumia 950. I guess they will eventually hide the option so as not to confuse. It's a bit like the removal of 5.1 audio recording for videos I suppose. I'm kind of getting used to the steady reduction of features on Microsoft phones so I expect it now, but it still provokes a sigh.

any link to confirm what you said? :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6