I am unable to turn off my Lumia 928. Yesterday it would not take a charge but today it is charged. However, I cannot turn it off with the off button. What happens is that when I hit the OFF button it tells me the normal down arrow to turn off. However that action merely provides for a RESTART now, not a SHUTDOWN>
    09-08-2016 10:17 AM
    I am unable to turn off my Lumia 928. Yesterday it would not take a charge but today it is charged. However, I cannot turn it off with the off button. What happens is that when I hit the OFF button it tells me the normal down arrow to turn off. However that action merely provides for a RESTART now, not a SHUTDOWN>
    Restart after shut down happens always when phone is charger plugged, since windows 8.
    Offiline Charging was never been available. Put phone in arplane mode if you don't want calls
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    09-08-2016 10:33 AM
    Turning the phone off and charging is possible now, but it requires you to interop unlock your device. Checkout XDA

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    09-10-2016 10:34 AM
    there might be something wrong with the battery if this started recently
    Can you try a soft reset?
    ven07 likes this.
    09-12-2016 03:15 AM