Lumia 830, have slow insider ring enabled. I have notification sound for phone update set to NONE, and also have 10pm to 6am setup as Active Hours. How do I once and for all stop the annoying audible alert that wakes me up in the middle of the night letting me know that a Windows Update has been installed and a restart is required? Thanks! :)
    09-08-2016 10:19 AM
    Lumia 830, have slow insider ring enabled. I have notification sound for phone update set to NONE, and also have 10pm to 6am setup as Active Hours. How do I once and for all stop the annoying audible alert that wakes me up in the middle of the night letting me know that a Windows Update has been installed and a restart is required? Thanks! :)
    If you set as ACTIVE 10pm to 6am, that's obvious :D
    you misunderstood the function. Set it specular, e.g. 8am to 10pm
    09-08-2016 10:29 AM
    No, the active hours indicates when I am busy and when I don't want the phone to be restarted. I didn't have this enabled before and still got the audible notification that my phone needed to be restarted to finish the install. I'm ok with it installing the update, but I don't want the audible notification that a restart is needed.
    I am going to turn off the "show notification banners" under phone update notifications, but would think that having the notification sound set to None would take care of it.
    Thanks.
    09-08-2016 10:59 AM
    No, the active hours indicates when I am busy and when I don't want the phone to be restarted. I didn't have this enabled before and still got the audible notification that my phone needed to be restarted to finish the install. I'm ok with it installing the update, but I don't want the audible notification that a restart is needed.
    I am going to turn off the "show notification banners" under phone update notifications, but would think that having the notification sound set to None would take care of it.
    Thanks.
    disable phone update in background apps
    09-12-2016 04:48 AM