DVD player is saying invalid value for registry

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My DVD player on my Windows 10, Dell laptop was working fine a few weeks ago, but I put in DVD today and it says ' D:\ invalid value for registry' and DVD doesn't play.

I don't have a clue what to do. DVD player must be in contact with rest of computer because when I looked in DVD player functions it has the name of the DVD I have in there. I tried with a few CDs that worked before.

I went to Computer Management, then Disk Management and it says name of DVD for D: , File system UDF, and then under Status it says Healthy (System, Active, Primary Partition)

Under that it says
CD ROM 0
DVD
Then name of DVD I have in player

When I go to DVD RW Drive D:\ it has name of DVD I have in player

When I go to Device Manager it says DVD/CD drives, This device is working properly.

I don't see how it can be working properly if it says invalid value for registry

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My DVD player on my Windows 10, Dell laptop was working fine a few weeks ago, but I put in DVD today and it says ' D:\ invalid value for registry' and DVD doesn't play.

I don't have a clue what to do. DVD player must be in contact with rest of computer because when I looked in DVD player functions it has the name of the DVD I have in there. I tried with a few CDs that worked before.

I went to Computer Management, then Disk Management and it says name of DVD for D: , File system UDF, and then under Status it says Healthy (System, Active, Primary Partition)

Under that it says
CD ROM 0
DVD
Then name of DVD I have in player

When I go to DVD RW Drive D:\ it has name of DVD I have in player

When I go to Device Manager it says DVD/CD drives, This device is working properly.

I don't see how it can be working properly if it says invalid value for registry

even the other DVDs and CDs didn't play or open?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077