why is guitar pro 6 not working since windows 10 last update

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi I had Windows 8, but sneakily my PC updated to Windows 10 without my consent (that was months ago). I thought ''Ok, it's the same for me since i don't use any apps and prefer the good old desktop over the apps menu''. But then there was last week's update which for some reason makes my -bought, registered and legal- version of Guitar Pro 6 not work. It can be anything else, since the program worked perfectly before the update. Update that I was forced to execute at the startup of my computer. Now I would really appreciate some help because I really want to use Guitar Pro 6 like before the update. I am really unsatisfied with this last update which in fact is not an improvement for me but a regression. Please help me to fix my Guitar Pro 6 problem.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Ok, you mention it not working but what aspect isn't working?
does it crash when starting up? do nothing when starting it up? accessories not working?

The description you gave is the equivalent of saying "I changed my engine and now my stereo isn't working" in a car.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi I had Windows 8, but sneakily my PC updated to Windows 10 without my consent (that was months ago). I thought ''Ok, it's the same for me since i don't use any apps and prefer the good old desktop over the apps menu''. But then there was last week's update which for some reason makes my -bought, registered and legal- version of Guitar Pro 6 not work. It can be anything else, since the program worked perfectly before the update. Update that I was forced to execute at the startup of my computer. Now I would really appreciate some help because I really want to use Guitar Pro 6 like before the update. I am really unsatisfied with this last update which in fact is not an improvement for me but a regression. Please help me to fix my Guitar Pro 6 problem.

can you try this: go to settings > system > apps > select the guitar app >advanced options > reset the app

If that doesn't work, try to reinstall it

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3