Hi i want to know if my windows xp on old computer can be upgraded to win10 after i get it from insider and if it gonna be free after july 29.
    Now i have my laptop, surfce and phone on win 10 so i want to try install it but i need to know if it be free or i need buy now new windows.
    09-12-2016 08:36 AM
    AFAIK XP devices weren't eligible to get the free upgrade to Windows 10

Edit: this does not mean that you can't get W10. You can still purchase it and do a clean install (meaning you won't be able to keep any of your files so make sure you have backups)

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    AFAIK XP devices weren't eligible to get the free upgrade to Windows 10

Edit: this does not mean that you can't get W10. You can still purchase it and do a clean install (meaning you won't be able to keep any of your files so make sure you have backups)

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    09-12-2016 08:41 AM