A Lumia 950 is on the way to my home along with a Mozo case and Sandisk Extreme Pro MicroSD card (transfer rates matter)

Before it arrives what information will I need to ensure a positive first time experience and what should I first do with the Lumia 950 when hands on with the device. I am coming from owning an iPhone, so my expectations are somewhat high.

I understand that Microsoft are no longer creating Lumia phones, but instead letting other companys make them, but still supporting Windows 10. This was a reason as to why I bought a Lumia 950 as its a premium phone with high specs and knowing I will soon have a legacy phone that no one will else have :)
    ven07 likes this.
    09-12-2016 12:59 PM
    Expect it to be a bit slow and warm at first as everything installs and sets up, and run it through the Windows Updates about 2-3 times. Takes a while to settle as every app gets installed/updated.

Then start enjoying it. Great camera and as you say, a good way to be a little different.
    09-12-2016 01:50 PM
    A Lumia 950 is on the way to my home along with a Mozo case and Sandisk Extreme Pro MicroSD card (transfer rates matter)

Before it arrives what information will I need to ensure a positive first time experience and what should I first do with the Lumia 950 when hands on with the device. I am coming from owning an iPhone, so my expectations are somewhat high.

I understand that Microsoft are no longer creating Lumia phones, but instead letting other companys make them, but still supporting Windows 10. This was a reason as to why I bought a Lumia 950 as its a premium phone with high specs and knowing I will soon have a legacy phone that no one will else have :)
    make sure to check for OS updates via settings and do them until there are no further updates
    And then update store app
    Then update core apps like people and photos a few at a time
    Then install your apps
    Then copy over your data like photos or music, again, in batches

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    09-25-2016 11:08 PM