Apps randomly switch to "Pending" and can't fix it

pjhenry1216

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I opened an app and was using it when it suddenly shutdown on me. I went to open it again and it was grayed out and said "Pending" (exactly as if the app were currently installing). I checked the Store and it wasn't currently being updated and no updates were available for it. Restarted my phone a couple times and even just let it sit for quite a few hours. I've had a similar experience about a week ago, but I don't know exactly when it occurred because when I unlocked my phone, one of my tiles was grayed out and found at the time the only way to fix it was to uninstall and reinstall. I'm hesitant to do that with this current app as its a game with no cloud-save feature. I'm not on any preview builds (just the current production build) on a Lumia 950 XL. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Or if anyone knows how to backup your progress in Subway Surfers, that'd also help. =P

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I opened an app and was using it when it suddenly shutdown on me. I went to open it again and it was grayed out and said "Pending" (exactly as if the app were currently installing). I checked the Store and it wasn't currently being updated and no updates were available for it. Restarted my phone a couple times and even just let it sit for quite a few hours. I've had a similar experience about a week ago, but I don't know exactly when it occurred because when I unlocked my phone, one of my tiles was grayed out and found at the time the only way to fix it was to uninstall and reinstall. I'm hesitant to do that with this current app as its a game with no cloud-save feature. I'm not on any preview builds (just the current production build) on a Lumia 950 XL. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Or if anyone knows how to backup your progress in Subway Surfers, that'd also help. =P

Are these app on sd card?

pjhenry1216

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
So I've found that it appears to only happen to graphical games. If I wait long enough, anywhere from a couple minutes to a day or two, it will eventually work out. So far I've only seen it happen to Subway Surfers and Age of Empires. In any case, not sure what's causing it, but it is annoying.

waqas ahmad2

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
First uninstall unnecessary apps that run all time and hang phone. Then restart phone. Just wait a little to load apps. Firstit says pending when you see apps then they will loaded and will work normal

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99