photo's for contacts have disappeared

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi, I have a Nokia Lumia 635, whilst on holiday in Turkey I switched my phone off and switched back on when in the UK. My contacts that I had previously pinned to the home screen have disappeared along with all of the pictures I had allocated to my contacts (both on my home screen and also in my contact list). I have re-pinned some contacts to my home screen and when I text from the home screen, it only shows text's I send from there and not any texts I have sent to them previously, so in effect, I have 2 text conversations for the same people. How do I reinstate the pictures to my contacts?
Thank you

nnayr

May 29, 2014
Visit site
from the sound of it the system locale could be affecting your account settings. this is a rather odd and seemingly unique case.
check your account settings, re-sync them. it could be that there was an issue with your credentials while logging in after the phone boot up on microsofts server end causing some of your account details to be reset/wiped. you can try signing out and back in.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have a Nokia Lumia 635, whilst on holiday in Turkey I switched my phone off and switched back on when in the UK. My contacts that I had previously pinned to the home screen have disappeared along with all of the pictures I had allocated to my contacts (both on my home screen and also in my contact list). I have re-pinned some contacts to my home screen and when I text from the home screen, it only shows text's I send from there and not any texts I have sent to them previously, so in effect, I have 2 text conversations for the same people. How do I reinstate the pictures to my contacts?
Thank you

This might be related to the new outlook.com rollout

It's affected a lot of people

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes