Battery 🔋 advice

forumuser3

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi I recently bought a Lumia 650 and wondered what's best for charging. I have read conflicting articles online where some say best to let the battery run right down before charging, while others say it is best to keep topping it up. Which keeps the battery lasting longer?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi I recently bought a Lumia 650 and wondered what's best for charging. I have read conflicting articles online where some say best to let the battery run right down before charging, while others say it is best to keep topping it up. Which keeps the battery lasting longer?

These charging "Tricks" are a thing of the past for older batteries.

Charge your phone however and whenever you want to charge it.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I think this was an issue with older batteries, but nowadays I would charge when needed, or just plug it in overnight.

Be aware of the difference between USB charging and the supplied mains chargers, mains chargers normally put out more power and are properly designed to work with your phone, and cut the power when fully charged.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site

Li-Ion batteries are built to charge anytime and any long. It performs best when you dont let it run out to 0 or below 40% very frequently. so whenever you feel you can charge the battery.

many reliable sources suggest its bad for you to drain your device to 0% and then charge it to 100% , some even suggest that charging to 100% is also bad. the best is to charge when your device is around 50-60% and charge it to anywhere but not to 100%.

more informative article:> How to charge a phone?s battery, tips: stop charging from zero to 100% - How-To - PC Advisor

credits pcadvisor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes