Failing to update Anniversary Update on Surface PRO 3 - overheating?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello,

I've been trying and failing to update Anniversary Update on Surface Pro 3.

Downloads, prepares, reboots and then, at about 14% of first step, it shows the thermometer gauge and shuts down.

When I power it on, it reverts to previous version of windows

I've tried it plugged in, plugged out, waiting a few minutes shutdown before starting in updating mode...

I don't know what to do

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Downloads, prepares, reboots and then, at about 14% of first step, it shows the thermometer gauge and shuts down.

I've tried it plugged in, plugged out, waiting a few minutes shutdown before starting in updating mode...

I don't know what to do

the thermometer gauge represents your surface pro is getting overheated and in order to prevent heat damage to the core hardware the device/bios shuts down your device. so first we need to fix the overheating issue and then can you continue with the update.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I don't know what to do

when downloading the update, let it finish and then when it's just about to start installing - switch off internet

you can also try running the update troubleshooter: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/512a5183-ffab-40c5-8a68-021e32467565/windows-update-troubleshooter

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos