black screen on nokia lumia 920

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

screen of my nokia lumia 920 went black and I can't see anything. I've turned it off and switched on again but it didn't work.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
screen of my nokia lumia 920 went black and I can't see anything. I've turned it off and switched on again but it didn't work.

try: soft reset and if that doesn't work - hard reset or wdrt:

Soft Reset is holding the Volume Down & Power buttons until the phone vibrates and reboots (about 15 seconds). This reboots the phone with a cleared out RAM and Cache. No data is lost. It is good for when the phone freezes or you experience a glitch of some sort.

Hard Reset really should be a last resort. Use Hard Reset when the phone is completely unresponsive and no other method will work.
  • Power off the phone > hold Volume Down > press Power > keep holding Volume Down until you see the exclamation (!) screen, then immediately release the Volume Down
  • Now tap Volume Up / Volume Down / Power / Volume Down
  • You should see the spinning gears and your phone will reflash the last OS version held in recovery. You do loose data, but get your phone back. Sign into your Microsoft Account and restore your backup during the set up.
WDRT For right now, Windows Device Recovery Tool is only flashing 8.1 to models that did not launch with 10 so it is the way to revert if you don't care for W10M: Windows Device Recovery Tool FAQ

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism