Can i expect call record features will be added in next anniversary update. (lumia 640xl 1st Ring latest version)
    09-22-2016 09:45 AM
    Can i expect call record features will be added in next anniversary update. (lumia 640xl 1st Ring latest version)
    Call record is already in AU, you must enable it in Settings -> Telephone -> Scroll down till Associated App -> Recorder.

I don't know if some countries blocked it for legal iussues, but in forum everyone got it
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    09-22-2016 09:55 AM
    Actually this option is available on those devices which was out by MS with pre-install w10 os i.e. L550, 950,650 in Setting >Systems >phone setting >choose default apps . And we need choose call recorder to record a call. Under Section 65B of Indian Evidence Act, recorded conversations are admissible as evidence. Tapping of telephone conversations is illegal in India but not recording a conversation. Therefore it is not legally disallowed. If we compare features of L640xl and 550/650, 640xl is much better and having some additional features. So what's the problem for not giving call recoder.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    09-22-2016 10:43 AM
    So what's the problem for not giving call recoder.
    We don't know, since we don't have a good look at MS's internal thought process.

But it can be assumed to be one of the following, or a combination.

1. Wanting more money - they want you to buy a new phone

2. Hardware - maybe there's some hardware deficiency, although that isn't something I'd buy without hard evidence.

3. Wanting to spend less money - They don't want to spend any more resources on getting the feature to work on older, already sold devices. (evidenced by abandoning older hardware in 10.)

4. Software - maybe there's some weird bug that they just can't squash with this older hardware

1/3b. Maybe some executive is meddling here.
    Subrata Jana likes this.
    09-22-2016 10:58 AM
    Thanks
    Originally posted by xandros9
    Originally Posted by Subrata Jana
    So what's the problem for not giving call recoder.
    We don't know, since we don't have a good look at MS's internal thought process.

But it can be assumed to be one of the following, or a combination.

1. Wanting more money - they want you to buy a new phone

2. Hardware - maybe there's some hardware deficiency, although that isn't something I'd buy without hard evidence.

3. Wanting to spend less money - They don't want to spend any more resources on getting the feature to work on older, already sold devices. (evidenced by abandoning older hardware in 10.)

4. Software - maybe there's some weird bug that they just can't squash with this older hardware

1/3b. Maybe some executive is meddling here.
    09-22-2016 11:20 AM
    I have always had the impression that it was hardware related
    09-25-2016 07:28 AM