Windows 10 anniversary upgrade sept-2016, MS Edge very slow and always gives security warnings

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Every time I try to open MS Edge, it is so slow and sometimes won't even open. Also whenever I want to open one of my favorites that I imported from IE it gives me a security warning asking me if I want to allow downloading of this file. How can I fix these two things ?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Every time I try to open MS Edge, it is so slow and sometimes won't even open. Also whenever I want to open one of my favorites that I imported from IE it gives me a security warning asking me if I want to allow downloading of this file. How can I fix these two things ?

You got some security iussue, make a scan with a antimalware. Do you got an antivirus installed?

anon(10033307)

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
I have the Avast Internet Security on. I imported my previous favorites from EI onto my desktop for faster access and before the Anniversary upgrade , all my favorites were working properly but since then now every time I want to open a favorite, I keep getting the security warning for
file download and it will keep on asking me even if I open the same file on the same day. So instead of saving time I have an extra click to do to open a file.

Also my Logitech mouse no longer works properly, as the Set point menu is no longer functional to allow me to fix my side buttons for copy, paste.
Contacted Logitech who said that they don't have a patch for Windows 10 ! Frustrating !

All in all not happy with the upgrade and cannot take it off as it says that I am past 10 days.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have the Avast Internet Security on. I imported my previous favorites from EI onto my desktop for faster access and before the Anniversary upgrade , all my favorites were working properly but since then now every time I want to open a favorite, I keep getting the security warning for
file download and it will keep on asking me even if I open the same file on the same day. So instead of saving time I have an extra click to do to open a file.

Also my Logitech mouse no longer works properly, as the Set point menu is no longer functional to allow me to fix my side buttons for copy, paste.
Contacted Logitech who said that they don't have a patch for Windows 10 ! Frustrating !

All in all not happy with the upgrade and cannot take it off as it says that I am past 10 days.

Which OS version do you have?
Do you have any extensions for edge installed? Can you remove them?

as for the mouse, can you reinstall the drivers?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb