Windows 10 Anniversary update freezes at 75% on my Dell Inspiron 7537 (7000 Series) Laptop

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10 Anniversary update freezes at 75% on my Dell Inspiron 7537 (7000 Series) Laptop. Is there any work around for this problem?

Pahaska

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem on my older Lenovo desktop. I have run every diagnostic program I can find and they all indicate that the current windows is clean and the disc is error free. The machine restarts at 75% and I get a forever spinning dots with no other indication on the screen.

Pahaska

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
I just now tried the update again It goes steadily through 58%, then suddenly jumps to 71%. It restarted very quickly after showing 71%. During the restart, there was a brief black screen, followed by the spinning dots and nothing else on the screen. There was very little disc action at this point and the pattern of the disc light looks like it is in a forever loop.

Fortunately, with the SSD, recovering to the previous level is fairly fast.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 Anniversary update freezes at 75% on my Dell Inspiron 7537 (7000 Series) Laptop. Is there any work around for this problem?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

I have the same problem on my older Lenovo desktop. I have run every diagnostic program I can find and they all indicate that the current windows is clean and the disc is error free. The machine restarts at 75% and I get a forever spinning dots with no other indication on the screen.

there were several users of the opinion that when the update is installing, internet should be off - i.e offline

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234