Calendar live tile problem

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Latest, updated Calendar app that has come by the system is still not updating the date. Phone Lumia 640 LTE, Win 10 mobile AU, 14393.189. The calendar is enabled in the background. Done few hard resets, tried resizing the tile, pining and unpinig of tile, entering dummy event in calendar, nothing helped. With the latest update of Mail & Calendar app (Sept. 22nd, 2016) I was hoping that this issue would be solved ... wrong. From "MS support tech" I got a cliche "nonanswer" as I wouldn't be able to count to ten. Any ideas or similar issues ... solutions? Thx, M

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Latest, updated Calendar app that has come by the system is still not updating the date. Phone Lumia 640 LTE, Win 10 mobile AU, 14393.189. The calendar is enabled in the background. Done few hard resets, tried resizing the tile, pining and unpinig of tile, entering dummy event in calendar, nothing helped. With the latest update of Mail & Calendar app (Sept. 22nd, 2016) I was hoping that this issue would be solved ... wrong. From "MS support tech" I got a cliche "nonanswer" as I wouldn't be able to count to ten. Any ideas or similar issues ... solutions? Thx, M

The calendar tile is working fine for me after the update. I did a soft reset right after update and since it has been working fine. It has been only a day after the update , but all good for now.
As with you,it is hard to understand why the bug is still affecting you as you have done multiple hard resets. i will get back to you once i have a solution to share.

To continue the discussion, i request you to Join our forums and stay updated. :)

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
For me and some others on this forum it got fixed only after using the WDRT. CU or app update did not help.
But that would be such a pain for users that have phones which came out with wp8.1...

I may try soft reset. I tried it before, it didn't help, maybe it will help now.

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Soft recent won't give any result. I tried many times.

Does the WDRT updated for w10mobile.
Yeah, I just hoped it may work at this moment - but only because of some updates. But yeah, I wouldn't expect it to solve anything.

Too lazy to do the WDRT thing only to solve this issue, plus who knows if that would solve it, and of another issue would emerge.

I may try some if the third party apps for calendar though, but I would do it only got the tile, and not for making events. I wanted to try it like that before, but I haven't found any time for that yet. (I mean, I would love to be able to add an event in the Outlook calendar, and got this event to show up ok the third party apps calendars app immediately - without waiting for calendar to sync with the server.)

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
But that would be such a pain for users that have phones which came out with wp8.1...

I may try soft reset. I tried it before, it didn't help, maybe it will help now.

Yes it was an extremely painful experience to go through 8.1 then use the Upgrade Advisor to get W10 (gave me 10586.107) and then again Anniversary Update (got 14393.67 as .189 hadn't been out at that time)
If you do use the WDRT take care not to hard reset after AU as that may bring back the non updating tile bug again.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I just hoped it may work at this moment - but only because of some updates. But yeah, I wouldn't expect it to solve anything.

Too lazy to do the WDRT thing only to solve this issue, plus who knows if that would solve it, and of another issue would emerge.

I may try some if the third party apps for calendar though, but I would do it only got the tile, and not for making events. I wanted to try it like that before, but I haven't found any time for that yet. (I mean, I would love to be able to add an event in the Outlook calendar, and got this event to show up ok the third party apps calendars app immediately - without waiting for calendar to sync with the server.)

You can try MyCalendar - it has a nice tile showing upto 3 events/tasks for the next few days and syncs nicely with Outlook calendar.
Using WDRT did not give me any major issues except that Weather,News and Groove apps in All App list are without their icons.But their tiles are fine and the apps work normally too.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Yes, it is a good one, thanks! I tried it once before, and the only reason why I didn't start using it back than was that I preferred the week view in Outlook calendar. :smile:

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Yes, it is a good one, thanks! I tried it once before, and the only reason why I didn't start using it back than was that I preferred the week view in Outlook calendar. :smile:

I used My Cal for its tile during the period when my Outlook Calendar tile was not updating .This tile updated nicely and showed me my reminders in case I forgot to resize and update the Outlook Cal tile manually.After WDRT I have uninstalled 'My Calendar' since the Outlook tile is working normally.I too like the week view in Outlook Cal.:smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs