Is it possible to run android/iOS apps on the surface pro 4?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I want to replace the ipads we use for Shopify POS (iOS app) with surface pro 4's but the app is only on android/iOS. Is it possible to run android as an add on?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
You could possibly use Bluestacks or Andy or some other Android emulator for Windows to run the app on the Surface Pro 4. The emulators do not work on all devices though. And even if you could get it installed and running, the app may not run as well as needed. If you are using it for a POS, it must be very reliable and fast.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Plus, I tried several if them (those emulators) and none if them worked well. With each one of them it lagged a lot. It can't be compared to universal apps, that's for sure.

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I want to replace the ipads we use for Shopify POS (iOS app) with surface pro 4's but the app is only on android/iOS. Is it possible to run android as an add on?

how many devices are you considering to replace? If the number is high, then you could send an email to the developers of that app to create a windows version

Is there a website option? Or alternatives?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb