Windows 10 suddenly won't accept my PIN to log in? What do I do?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

When I turn on my laptop The screen appears and asks for my PIN to log in. It suddenly tells me the pin/password in incorrect; therefore, I have no way of getting in to ask for a reset.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
When I turn on my laptop The screen appears and asks for my PIN to log in. It suddenly tells me the pin/password in incorrect; therefore, I have no way of getting in to ask for a reset.

are you sure you are typing the correct password. Check again because this can never happen unless you are trying to break into someone else lap.

If you are still unable to log in follow these steps: On another computer, go to Microsoft’s Sign in page ( microsoft.com). Once there, enter your email address and click Can’t access your account.

Then follow the wizard. You’ll have to prove that you really are you, based on answers and phone numbers that you’ve previously provided. Eventually, you’ll be asked to create a new password.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

there aren't other sign in options like entering the password?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos