Deleted Documents folder by mistake!

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi folks,
I usually trawl forums to get the answer I need without having to ask one myself but this time... I'm stumped!

So I accidentally deleted my documents folder (no fear though as the files are already backing up on OneDrive).. Here's whats happened so far.

1) The 'Documents' special folder has dissapeared from my User folder. When I navigate to C:\Windows\Users it is also gone from here.

2) I have tried regedt32.exe to restore the path to my 'Personal' folder. No help.

3) My OneDrive is now the default location for my Pictures & my Documents, however the Pictures folder is still visible in my User folder, where Documents isn't.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Dean

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi folks,
I usually trawl forums to get the answer I need without having to ask one myself but this time... I'm stumped!

So I accidentally deleted my documents folder (no fear though as the files are already backing up on OneDrive).. Here's whats happened so far.

1) The 'Documents' special folder has dissapeared from my User folder. When I navigate to C:\Windows\Users it is also gone from here.

2) I have tried regedt32.exe to restore the path to my 'Personal' folder. No help.

3) My OneDrive is now the default location for my Pictures & my Documents, however the Pictures folder is still visible in my User folder, where Documents isn't.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Dean

and if you deleted it, it's not in recycle bin?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05