I use my laptop as a wifi hotspot, so that I can use both my smart phone and laptop at the same time. Something occurred after the recent Windows update, when i tried to switch on the hotspot, I found that on the phone it keeps showing connecting, disconnecting and connecting again, and still failed in connecting to the laptop hotspot. I found that in the Network Sharing Centre, the Local Area Connection showed "No Internet Access". Is there any solution to this problem?
    09-25-2016 01:34 AM
    I use my laptop as a wifi hotspot, so that I can use both my smart phone and laptop at the same time. Something occurred after the recent Windows update, when i tried to switch on the hotspot, I found that on the phone it keeps showing connecting, disconnecting and connecting again, and still failed in connecting to the laptop hotspot. I found that in the Network Sharing Centre, the Local Area Connection showed "No Internet Access". Is there any solution to this problem?
    are you using a 3rd party software for this or through Cmd? under connections check whether your primary internet connection is set to share with the hotspot under connection properties.
    09-25-2016 02:09 AM
    Hi! I used both, and in the cmd it shoes that the hosted network could not be started. I checked the device manager and it shows the Virtual adapter hardware device is not connected to the computer. Is it a hardware failure or it can be solved by some software solutions? I didn't move my laptop too much, and the hotspot worked just fine before the recent update.
    09-25-2016 02:27 AM
    Hi! I used both, and in the cmd it shoes that the hosted network could not be started. I checked the device manager and it shows the Virtual adapter hardware device is not connected to the computer. Is it a hardware failure or it can be solved by some software solutions? I didn't move my laptop too much, and the hotspot worked just fine before the recent update.
    can you reinstall the drivers for the virtual adapter?
    09-25-2016 04:50 AM