Hotspot failure after recent Windows 10 update

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I use my laptop as a wifi hotspot, so that I can use both my smart phone and laptop at the same time. Something occurred after the recent Windows update, when i tried to switch on the hotspot, I found that on the phone it keeps showing connecting, disconnecting and connecting again, and still failed in connecting to the laptop hotspot. I found that in the Network Sharing Centre, the Local Area Connection showed "No Internet Access". Is there any solution to this problem?

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I use my laptop as a wifi hotspot, so that I can use both my smart phone and laptop at the same time. Something occurred after the recent Windows update, when i tried to switch on the hotspot, I found that on the phone it keeps showing connecting, disconnecting and connecting again, and still failed in connecting to the laptop hotspot. I found that in the Network Sharing Centre, the Local Area Connection showed "No Internet Access". Is there any solution to this problem?

are you using a 3rd party software for this or through Cmd? under connections check whether your primary internet connection is set to share with the hotspot under connection properties.

Night Moon

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi! I used both, and in the cmd it shoes that the hosted network could not be started. I checked the device manager and it shows the Virtual adapter hardware device is not connected to the computer. Is it a hardware failure or it can be solved by some software solutions? I didn't move my laptop too much, and the hotspot worked just fine before the recent update.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I used both, and in the cmd it shoes that the hosted network could not be started. I checked the device manager and it shows the Virtual adapter hardware device is not connected to the computer. Is it a hardware failure or it can be solved by some software solutions? I didn't move my laptop too much, and the hotspot worked just fine before the recent update.

can you reinstall the drivers for the virtual adapter?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett