Since the anniversary update on Friday I am having serious issues with my FPS

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My computer did the compulsory anniversary update on Friday and since then I am having major lag and FPS issues in my game (Second Life) I have never had problems before this upgrade, I need help to get this fixed as soon as possible as it is extremely frustrating!

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
My computer did the compulsory anniversary update on Friday and since then I am having major lag and FPS issues in my game (Second Life) I have never had problems before this upgrade, I need help to get this fixed as soon as possible as it is extremely frustrating!

check your drivers for your integrated graphics card, under device manager. Most of the times these drivers are replaced by those from Microsoft after the upgrade to AU. do you have a dedicated graphics card too? check for updates for the drivers.

Also check your build number under settings>system>about it should be 14393.189 the current public release. These lags with gaming were much prominent in the initial release of AU but were fixed with the current Cumulative Update. If you have an update pending , please download that immediately as that could be the new Cumulative Update.

To follow up and reply to the post, kindly join or forums :)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

try to reinstall the game if possible
Check to see if the drivers for graphics are up to date in device manager

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Karri_Aus

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
I have reinstalled the game, I have updated the graphics card drivers and it still isn't acting as it was before the update. I used to be able to be in game on one monitor and playing other stuff on the other without any issue, now it drops my game right down if I click out of it. I'm going to try and the other person's help and see if it works...so frustrating :( Oh...and I joined, thank you for getting me to go there.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have reinstalled the game, I have updated the graphics card drivers and it still isn't acting as it was before the update. I used to be able to be in game on one monitor and playing other stuff on the other without any issue, now it drops my game right down if I click out of it. I'm going to try and the other person's help and see if it works...so frustrating :( Oh...and I joined, thank you for getting me to go there.

the only other thing I can think of is waiting for an update from the game developer or contacting them to alert them on the issue

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs