Why are my external hard drives showing?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I upgrade to windows 10 anniversary and now my 2 external hard drive don't show. They still work i tested them on my windows 7 laptop i can see all my data. i tried looking up solution but can find one, i have no idea on how to fix it. i was messing with disk management and my hard drive don't have a latter assign to it. i tried to assign one but the option is gray out and my hard drive say unallocated but it still works on my other laptops so i have no idea on how to fix. CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I upgrade to windows 10 anniversary and now my 2 external hard drive don't show. They still work i tested them on my windows 7 laptop i can see all my data. i tried looking up solution but can find one, i have no idea on how to fix it. i was messing with disk management and my hard drive don't have a latter assign to it. i tried to assign one but the option is gray out and my hard drive say unallocated but it still works on my other laptops so i have no idea on how to fix. CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

could be a driver issue, open device manager (right click on start) uninstall USB controller drivers and reboot your system.

check under updates if you have an cumulative update pending, after AU there is another major bug fixing update which is recommended to install and is much stable than the initial AU.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro