Has a Patch for the Anniversary Update been released that fixes the USB drivers for we and doc cams?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

When the Anniversary Update was released, it broke the connection for we and doc cams to be connected and work with the computer. Per several articles released on this issue, a patch was said to have an expected release in September. I can see that a few patches have been released, but per the released notes I don't see any mention of this issue being resolved yet in the patches released so far. Can you please tell me, are the issues with the USB and USB composite drivers fixed yet, and if not do you know when? My company has thousands of document cameras in classrooms across the world, and this issue is disallowing for them to use the doc cams in their classrooms for learning.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
When the Anniversary Update was released, it broke the connection for we and doc cams to be connected and work with the computer. Per several articles released on this issue, a patch was said to have an expected release in September. I can see that a few patches have been released, but per the released notes I don't see any mention of this issue being resolved yet in the patches released so far. Can you please tell me, are the issues with the USB and USB composite drivers fixed yet, and if not do you know when? My company has thousands of document cameras in classrooms across the world, and this issue is disallowing for them to use the doc cams in their classrooms for learning.

so far from what I've been reading on the forums, the patch seems to have worked since there hasn't been any more complaints about webcams not working

A suggestion I may have is to update a few pcs and test if they work. if yes, then you can deploy for the rest

Best solution of course is to talk with a Microsoft tech rep on their support page

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon