Predictive text has vanished from my Lumia 735

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

When using the keyboard on my 735, the predictive text suddenly stopped working. I have checked the settings and all the boxes are ticked. Don't know where to go from there, Any suggestions?

By Windows Central Question
5 min agoabhishek singh21
Quote Originally Posted by Windows Central Question View Post
When using the keyboard on my 735, the predictive text suddenly stopped working. I have checked the settings and all the boxes are ticked. Don't know where to go from there, Any suggestions?
Hi and welcome to windows central forums :)

did you do soft reset? to do soft reset hold volume down+lock key together until phone restarts.
also do tell us what build are you on, are you an insider or on production build?

I have posted this in this way as I cannot find any other way to do it!!

The core build is 6236.8. I have not managed to do a soft reset as the lock key is not obvious. I have held down the key on the right just below the volume button, but this does not restart, just turns off after sliding down.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi , to reply on a thread you can join our community , click on the link to know how to join windows central forums?

The core build is 6236.8

How have you come up wtith this? The current Annivesary update OS build is 14393.189 and on threshold 2 is 10586.589. To check your OS build go to settings>system>about>more info . Also tell us whether are you an insider?

have not managed to do a soft reset as the lock key is not obvious.

could you be a little more clear, i cant make out enough sense of this statement. Is you lock key broken?

To do a soft reset PRESS & HOLD volume down/low + lock key/power key TOGETHER until PHONE VIBRATES & BOOTS.

mikesoftley

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
I have tried a soft reset to no effect.

The OS version is 8.10.15148.160, I hope that is right. I got the build ID from 'Extras & Info' and it is called 'Core Build ID'.

Can you explain the term 'insider' - I have no idea whether I am one or not. The phone is a company phone if that makes any difference.

BluWarrior

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by mikesoftley
I have tried a soft reset to no effect.

The OS version is 8.10.15148.160, I hope that is right. I got the build ID from 'Extras & Info' and it is called 'Core Build ID'.

Can you explain the term 'insider' - I have no idea whether I am one or not. The phone is a company phone if that makes any difference.

Your definitely not an insider, thats basically where you get beta windows 10 builds. As for your issue, if the settings aren't the issue, and youve tried rebooting your phone. You may need to do a factory reset.

mikesoftley

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
It looks like it might be sorted. I downloaded and installed the language for the English (US) keyboard, and that seems to have kicked off predictive text (I just hope that it is English English, not the US one!)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6