Why can't I upgrade past build 14905?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I get an alert everytime I boot up my laptop saying my current build of windows is going to expire then when I open the updater tool it says I have the newest version. How can I update? Everytime I check for updates it doesn't update anything except Windows Defender. Also, in this build I'm in you can't change your build speed setting. I was on fast in previous builds. Thanks!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I get an alert everytime I boot up my laptop saying my current build of windows is going to expire then when I open the updater tool it says I have the newest version. How can I update? Everytime I check for updates it doesn't update anything except Windows Defender. Also, in this build I'm in you can't change your build speed setting. I was on fast in previous builds. Thanks!

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

I have exactly the same problem. Have worked extensively with Microsoft technicians to no avail. Can't believe they would cripple the OS with this unresolved issue.

The issue was resolved in a later build - keep checking the blog for update/build issues before updating - you're on the fast ring for a reason: http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile-how-guides/436253-[guide]-installing-redstone-unsupported-devices-x2x-series.html

or use the media creation tool to upgrade

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon