Frequent Wifi Loss Issue - Windows 10 - 64 bit, Dell Vostro 3446, DW 1704, WLAN

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Dear Members,

I have been facing the issue of frequent wifi disconnection for the past 9-10 months.

The problem get sorted out temporarily after running netsh command or after resetting WIFI adapter or rolling back to an older version. However, this never has been a permanent solution. The problem further aggravated after Window 10 Anniversary update in July 2016. I am hardly using my WIFI after this update.

I use a Dell Vostro 3446 laptop with DW -1704 WLAN Card. The part number of WLAN card is 0R4GW0 - 73614

OS: Windows 10 Home, Single Language Edition with 64 bit. I upgraded from Windows 8.1

What I have already tried doing -
Network adapter reset using feature provided in window 10 and also by running netsh command in Command Prompt

Have tried rolling back the driver but it works temporarily

Have tried installing/re-installing drivers listed on Dell support page of my PC, however, every driver shows error after installation.

Tried windows troubleshooter - this used to fix my problem after November update but after March updates it didn't resolve my disconnection issue

Have tried using almost every suggestion provided on various MS and Dell Community Forums.

I also unchecked the setting of 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' in Power Management of the wireless network adapter. And, optimised the wireless settings as suggested by Dell but none worked.

Unfortunately, I have run out of Dell Warranty Support, hence, can't contact them.

In this case, can someone please provide me with a specific solution to deal with this issue. I will be happy to supply more information.

Best regards
Tej

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Dear Members,

I have been facing the issue of frequent wifi disconnection for the past 9-10 months.

The problem get sorted out temporarily after running netsh command or after resetting WIFI adapter or rolling back to an older version. However, this never has been a permanent solution. The problem further aggravated after Window 10 Anniversary update in July 2016. I am hardly using my WIFI after this update.

I use a Dell Vostro 3446 laptop with DW -1704 WLAN Card. The part number of WLAN card is 0R4GW0 - 73614

OS: Windows 10 Home, Single Language Edition with 64 bit. I upgraded from Windows 8.1

What I have already tried doing -
Network adapter reset using feature provided in window 10 and also by running netsh command in Command Prompt

Have tried rolling back the driver but it works temporarily

Have tried installing/re-installing drivers listed on Dell support page of my PC, however, every driver shows error after installation.

Tried windows troubleshooter - this used to fix my problem after November update but after March updates it didn't resolve my disconnection issue

Have tried using almost every suggestion provided on various MS and Dell Community Forums.

I also unchecked the setting of 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' in Power Management of the wireless network adapter. And, optimised the wireless settings as suggested by Dell but none worked.

Unfortunately, I have run out of Dell Warranty Support, hence, can't contact them.

In this case, can someone please provide me with a specific solution to deal with this issue. I will be happy to supply more information.

Best regards
Tej

You've tried every suggestion that I want to suggest
So perhaps it's actually the hardware that is failing?

The last thing I could suggest is doing a clean install - full reset - this will be a lot of work though

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes