is there a way to buy a product key for windows 7 enterprise?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

my son's computer was using a version of windows 7 enterprise that required student certificate. he is no longer a student

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
You may be able to find some retailers still selling old Windows licences, but I do believe sales of previous Windows versions have stopped. You could always get a retail copy of Windows 10 and upgrade the system.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
my son's computer was using a version of windows 7 enterprise that required student certificate. he is no longer a student

Is that regular Enterprise version? I'm not aware of different levels of Enterprise. But in general, Windows Enterprise, at least with Windows 7, could not be purchased separately. They are only for enterprise customers with volume licensing. We use Enterprise at work due to being a Microsoft partner, and we are given a blanket product key that works for a soft number of activations.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is that regular Enterprise version? I'm not aware of different levels of Enterprise. But in general, Windows Enterprise, at least with Windows 7, could not be purchased separately. They are only for enterprise customers with volume licensing. We use Enterprise at work due to being a Microsoft partner, and we are given a blanket product key that works for a soft number of activations.

Well the educational institution could've just deployed 7 Enterprise on PCs and stuff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb