Why, on Windows 10, am I constantly losing my internet connection?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Since I got this new Windows 10 laptop (and my son has the same issue w/ his Windows 10 laptop as well) we cannot maintain an internet connection for more than maybe 5-10 minutes on a good run. Often times we are booted off within less than a minute. This is incredibly frustrating when you are working, only to find that your work has not been saved, or when gaming and you lose your game progress.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Since I got this new Windows 10 laptop (and my son has the same issue w/ his Windows 10 laptop as well) we cannot maintain an internet connection for more than maybe 5-10 minutes on a good run. Often times we are booted off within less than a minute. This is incredibly frustrating when you are working, only to find that your work has not been saved, or when gaming and you lose your game progress.

Because you both didn't updated win10, or din't followed update pop ups, that's a old iusse on some devices fixed 3 months ago .
Go to start -> Settings -> Updates.
stay under wifi

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

have you tried setting up the wifi again?
And adding the wifi network again to the laptops
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720