How to speedup apps and os updates.....

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Apps and OS updates takes long time to download although my Internet connection is good!
15mb/s mini.....

Since you've already subjectively eliminated the most common bottleneck for slow updates (Internet Speed, although 15MB/s isn't exactly fast), other considerations are:

- use a solid-state drive. What's the use of a 1GB/s Internet speed if the drive can't write at that speed, right? This, however, would be an extreme measure to take.

- do not download anything or browse while you're downloading updates. It seems that the PC doesn't always put priority in app and OS update downloads, so browsing will just slow down the process. However, I've recently had an OS update that downloaded at the full capacity of my Internet connection from start to finish. Grey area, but simpler than buying new hardware.

- Restart your PC first before updating. Having too many services running may slow down the update process via resource distribution.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
might be old windows upgrade files leftovers as backup after you did an upgrade to windows 10 from 8.1 could be the reason why the downloaded are slow. do a system files cleanup using the inbuilt tool "diskcleanup". that should bring some improvements.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3