My visual and audible messaging notifications do not work. Is there a software fix?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

The messaging notifications do not work on my 950XL. This is the second time this has happened the first time I did a factory reset. This is a generally annoying task as you need to backup all the data (messaging, music, photos, docs) first. Once completed you have to set up the phone all over again, then import your data. However two weeks later the device is once again doing the same thing. Has anyone else experienced this same bug and if so is there a work around. The phone has other bugs with the camera locking up or not performing properly as well as the screen not coming on every time when the power switch is pushed.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
The messaging notifications do not work on my 950XL. This is the second time this has happened the first time I did a factory reset. This is a generally annoying task as you need to backup all the data (messaging, music, photos, docs) first. Once completed you have to set up the phone all over again, then import your data. However two weeks later the device is once again doing the same thing. Has anyone else experienced this same bug and if so is there a work around. The phone has other bugs with the camera locking up or not performing properly as well as the screen not coming on every time when the power switch is pushed.

Please which windows build you got? Did you checked if notifications settings "Keep private on lockscreen" are disabled?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

and can messaging app run in the background? My message notifications have been appearing for the last 4 weeks without any issue -

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs