Keyboard problem, only i outputs. Also on-screen keyboard. Login impossible.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

After latest update, I can't login. Only buttons i, delete and enter work in login box.
Same behavior with on-screen keyboard.

Audio readback works for every key, and letters are in correct order, but in login box, only letter i advances login query. So hardware is OK.

Desktop HP Pavilion, Windows 10, USB-keyboard.

What should I do?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
After latest update, I can't login. Only buttons i, delete and enter work in login box.
Same behavior with on-screen keyboard.

Audio readback works for every key, and letters are in correct order, but in login box, only letter i advances login query. So hardware is OK.

Desktop HP Pavilion, Windows 10, USB-keyboard.

What should I do?

tried disconnecting the keyboard?

My feeling is the keyboard language got messed up in the update

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I have major input problems on my surface pro 4 since the last update....

Keyboard won't work properly, the cursor keeps jumping all over the screen, keys won't work properly either.

The touch screen won't work properly either. If the keyboard is attached the touch screen won't work, I have to detach the keyboard and restart the machine to make the touch screen work.

Now doing a complete reset to see if that will help.

What a weekend. First my Band 2 totally dies and now my pro 4 has gone nuts.

Microsoft.....ruining peoples technology experiences since 1975

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have major input problems on my surface pro 4 since the last update....

Keyboard won't work properly, the cursor keeps jumping all over the screen, keys won't work properly either.

The touch screen won't work properly either. If the keyboard is attached the touch screen won't work, I have to detach the keyboard and restart the machine to make the touch screen work.

Now doing a complete reset to see if that will help.

What a weekend. First my Band 2 totally dies and now my pro 4 has gone nuts.

Microsoft.....ruining peoples technology experiences since 1975

the way you seem to be having so many issues - it's like all possible errors or faults are targetting you only. You're an error magnet :grincry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgiHudi