People app sync problem

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

After reseting my phone because of a problem with an update i cant sync my contacts to People app. Current build 14393.221. Any idea to solve this problem?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
After reseting my phone because of a problem with an update i cant sync my contacts to People app. Current build 14393.221. Any idea to solve this problem?

did you check for people app update in store?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

VASILIS TOMARAS

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
all my mails and calendar events are ok. when i go to people app it doesnt show anything(no errors no contacts). if i choose to sync my facebook friends for example,it does it without any problem. Only with my outlook and google account there is this problem. if i go to people app to my laptop everything is there. I reseted my phone twice and the problem remains

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
all my mails and calendar events are ok. when i go to people app it doesnt show anything(no errors no contacts). if i choose to sync my facebook friends for example,it does it without any problem. Only with my outlook and google account there is this problem. if i go to people app to my laptop everything is there. I reseted my phone twice and the problem remains

when you reset your device, did you choose to restore from backup?

VASILIS TOMARAS

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
i think the problem is with google. My contacts are being saved at my google account which is linked with my outlook account. When i exported my contacts from google and imported them to outlook everything was fine. The bad thing is due to im from greece and i use greek letters all my contacts were transformed into symbols so they are useless. I cannot find a solution just yet. i ll keep trying, thanks for the help man.

DarkMorgana

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I have a similar problem. Some contacts disappeared completely. Wrong numbers are show. When my mom called me, it showed my brother and her contact is gone.
The problem is on the tablet as well as the phone.

nnayr

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I also have this problem. it was fine for me till my PC was running the Anniversery update. then I switched to slow ring insider previews and got an insider update. since that build (sadly I don't remember the number (the latest slow ring build available, I believe)) I have seen that the people app doesn't show google or skype contacts. only Microsoft. I am now running 14995 and the problem persists. although with the new builds, Microsoft has updated the google CardDAV API settings to include the https protocol. still doesn't help. and the people web app, in my opinion is a pile of junk where no work gets done, even after it has been updated.
to tackle this I tried uninstalling (via powershell) the people app and downloading again from the store. ive tried a lot of ideas mentioned in the various forums on this topic. but just nothing seems to work.
the problem is worse for me as I have switched to android from windows mobile, so half my contacts are well divided between my Microsoft and Google accounts. all I can conclude form this is that there is likely a server side problem with Microsoft or Google is back to playing tricks against Microsoft's apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05