No date in system tray after Anniversary update

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Date and time are not shown in system tray after installing Anniversary update. Clock icon is turned "on" in settings>turn system icons on or off. Task bar is not locked. Any suggestions??

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! That's a strange one! Here's all I could find about that!
Clock on taskbar appears missing, but is not really.
Clock text is black on black background. Click clock position (blank area), clock panel comes up OK.
Taskbar is set for small icons. Change to large icons, now has white text in clock area.
(Settings>Personalization>Taskbar>...Turn off "Use Small Taskbar Buttons")
Small icon clock only has time. Large Icon clock has Time and Date

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 2

ipilit

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I doesn't appear to be a black on black problem. I normally use large taskbar buttons and time/date is not visible when using either large or small. Further investigation reveals the following: Taskbar at top or bottom of screen the time date is visible; taskbar to right or left of screen time/date not visible. Additionally, with taskbar right or left of screen, mousing over time/date area creates dialog box with correct time/date. Also the task bar also faintly displays the time/date when the mouse pointer is over the area. Would like to resolve this problem as left of screen is my preferred taskbar position. I believe the problem first was noted after the Windows 10 anniversary update.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi @ipilit ! You need to start your own thread about your issue, because your post could go unnoticed. If the time/date works on top and bottom and worked before the anniversary update, it looks like a MS bug. Maybe other members will have a solution to this issue. This anniversary is a new update and I'm expecting a few bugs from MS! You could start a thread in the Windows forum here, and see if you get some suggestions for your issue!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo