My Lumia 735 has a broken screen and it's blank. How do I transfer my contacts to my new Lumia 640?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

The screen on my 735 is blank. I have replaced it with a 640, so now how do I transfer my contacts to the 640 from the 735.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
The screen on my 735 is blank. I have replaced it with a 640, so now how do I transfer my contacts to the 640 from the 735.

if you had signed in on the 735 with your email account and kept the contact sync active, the same contacts should sync on the 640 when you sign in with the same account

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

stranglerman

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
I've remembered the outlook.com user names, and reset the passwords. I can get into the emails. The office 365 I can't get into as I have never signed on to that, and my understanding is you need that for my contacts. Is this correct??

stranglerman

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
I've remembered the outlook.com user names, and reset the passwords. I can get into the emails. The office 365 I can't get into as I have never signed on to that, and my understanding is you need that for my contacts. Is this correct??

Well I don't know what I did, but I have all my contacts back. I went into my outlook email account, messed about a bit. Left a post on Facebook asking people to text me their number and names, First one to reply, and his name came up. I went into the phone and clicked on people and there they all were. As I'm a bit of a Dinosaur with tech stuff like this so I'm at a loss to know what I did. But I did it. Thanks for the replys Guys.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs