Do you recommend buying a Lumia 521 for 24$

nitikosovo

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Hello I am looking to buy a phone but the iPhones and others are so expensive
So i wanted to buy a chinese made android phone the prices for them are 50$+ with 0.5 GB- 1 GB ram ;while i was searching for smartphones i saw a Lumia 521 that price is 24$ total

What do you think which phone should i get , maybe the ram is bigger in android but the system eats a lot of ram

Only cons for Lumia is that is Network Locked to T-Mobile but i don't care much for using with a Sim Card i pretty much got a number just so the post mail can call me when a package arrives

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I'd buy one for 24 dollars.

If I understand you correctly you don't want a SIM, yet have a number?
You could use the phone for e-mail on Wi-Fi, but you'll need a T-Mo SIM for texts and of course calls.

nitikosovo

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
I'd buy one for 24 dollars.

If I understand you correctly you don't want a SIM, yet have a number?
You could use the phone for e-mail on Wi-Fi, but you'll need a T-Mo SIM for texts and of course calls.

I have a sim and a number but it is not T-mobile
Another question if i don't use a sim card will i still get software updates ,
and if i factory reset or update my phone will it ask me to insert a sim to continue setup

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
shipping & handling in amazon
in amazon for Kosovo is so expensive
and i buy with paypal

Thing is, I literally sold a 521 for $24 sometime around several months ago and it's value as well as utility has only gone down.

EDIT: I take that back, it was $20.

At least look for something like a Lumia 435/532, 535, 640 if you can. (At least here in the US, the 435 is a better buy while being around the same price as the much older 521.)

Cheap Android phones are often hit and miss, as well as a bit out of my knowledge zone. Used may be a good way to go.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven