Revert install.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Concerning Microsoft's Windows mobile updates any help would be welcome, since what I believe to have been the latest version 1607 I have been trying to get to grips with the settings menu which amongst other things has changed. I have poor eyesight but I was managing with the phone okay (MS Lumia 550) right up until the last update, the mechanics & workings of the phone are fine it's the settings menu that threw me. My question being is it possible to return the OS to a previous state meaning one that was easier for me to read other than a complete out of the box reset. Also if anyone in the know, could tell me how often updates are published and security concerns aside if there is a way avoid them, as far as I can tell it is only possible to re-schedule the updates and restarts. Thankyou. Paul R.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi and welcome to windows central forum.

There are no ways to revert or uninstall a certain update like as we do on windows 10 PC. The best you could do is if you own a device which was upgraded to windows 10 later, is roll back to 8.1 and stay there because if you are on any build of windows 10 the new updates will be forced down on your device.

If you need additional help or want to reply to this thread , click on the smiley :) to learn how to join our forums.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs