Just did shutdown with updates and now Windows 10 won't start as of 10/8/16.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Turn computer on and goes into Auto repair. Your pc did not start correctly. Won't launch from my Windows 7 disc. Won't boot to safe mode. No restore point found. Cannot reset pc and keep personal files. SFC scan won't complete in cmd tried dism online get error 50. Have Lenovo One key but only initial image. Don't want to lose files. Any suggestions?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Turn computer on and goes into Auto repair. Your pc did not start correctly. Won't launch from my Windows 7 disc. Won't boot to safe mode. No restore point found. Cannot reset pc and keep personal files. SFC scan won't complete in cmd tried dism online get error 50. Have Lenovo One key but only initial image. Don't want to lose files. Any suggestions?

restarting doesn't bring any point except that? Check your bios, is your primary disk C: and set correctly?

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! I have had that happen also. Luckily I had a a back up image. If you don't have a back up image, a clean install is probably your only hope. I would try to recover your files with either a docking cable and another PC, or a Linux OS. I use a program called Ubuntu 14.04.3 to boot with and recover files. Once you have recovered your files, then I suggest a clean install. This is the way I would approach this issue. I'm sorry to hear you're having this problem. Maybe others will have a better solution for you. It's very sad that MS is causing these problems for their users. I can help you a little with Ubuntu, but I'm not a expert .I have been able to save files from a PC that would not boot into windows with Ubuntu.:wink:
PS Why won't your W7 media work?
https://fridge.ubuntu.com/2015/08/06/ubuntu-14-04-3-lts-released/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05