why does acer quick access not work anymore after upgrading to windows 10 anniversary update

lyndonvg

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi the question is about ACER Quick Access and has nothing to do with the Windows File Explorer Navigation Bar.
I have been hoping for an answer to this question myself. I can't even Uninstall this feature because it says I don't have the required permissions.
A dialogue box pops up which says:
"Service 'Radio Management Service' (RMSvc) could not be deleted. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to remove system services."
Then a 'Retry' or 'Cancel' option.

softgunruler

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
My problem is even better... I try to uninstall it, but my computer insists that it is already uninstalled, so it can't even find the f***ing software... Would be seriously helpful if someone had a solution for this...

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! When I type 'quick access' in my search Orb, this is what I get! I get 'File Explorer Options' When I click on that it takes me here! Is this what you are talking about?

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 30

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Most likely an API unsupported under W10 or it could be 10 has no drivers for that feature.
Windows 10 dings up my desktop every time it updates and occasionally a few restarts after the upgrade process will right things.

Filou53

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi Softgunruler.

I'm a Mac user but last week I had to 'repair' the PC of a friend that encountered the same problem as you.
I also obtained the same blocking message about RMSvc .

Finally, I tried to re-install Quick Access after downloading a more recent version from Acer at:
global-download.acer.com/SupportFiles/Files/Upgrade/APP/W81_QuickAccessSetup.zip

When I installed it, I got again a message about RMSvc but it was only a warning
and now all seems to be ok.
No more Quick Access error since 3 days...

I hope that it'll be the same for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05