Why is the W10 update disconnecting my speakers?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

A few days ago I uninstalled the last update following a chat with HP. The speakers turned back on. Now the update has been automatically re-installed and the speakers are disconnected again. How do I fix this?

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi The first thing I would try is the Windows trouble shooter. You will find it in the control panel. If that doesn't fix your issue, check devise manager and update your sound driver!

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Capture26.JPG
    Capture26.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 9

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Check you drivers for the speakers. As anniversary update might have replaced them with default Microsoft drivers and as you rolled back the actual drivers center into effect.

After upgrade. Run a device driver update tool. There are many available on Internet.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android %)

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Check you drivers for the speakers. As anniversary update might have replaced them with default Microsoft drivers and as you rolled back the actual drivers center into effect.

After upgrade. Run a device driver update tool. There are many available on Internet.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android %)
Hi I agree to check your sound drivers for a update, but I do not agree with running a driver update tool. Yes there are many driver update tools on the Internet and most are snake oil. Here's the reason by HTG!
Check with your manufacture for the latest sound driver update.:wink:
PS I have been in the help forum business long enough to know these are true facts from HTG These programs are snake oil and you need to know this! These are not just my thoughts, but thoughts of every Geek I know!
Never Download a Driver-Updating Utility; They?re Worse Than Useless:wink:
PS HTG is a long time friend of mine and what ever they say. you can take it to the bank.

Last edited:

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
There are very reliable driver tools which actually work. I have a positive personal review because of my own personal use throughout the years with windows and still. I suggest driver booster(paid) or driver pack solution (free). Its true many tools are just adwares which bring in multiple unwanted programs and slow your computer down.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
There are very reliable driver tools which actually work. I have a positive personal review because of my own personal use throughout the years with windows and still. I suggest driver booster(paid) or driver pack solution (free). Its true many tools are just adwares which bring in multiple unwanted programs and slow your computer down.
Hi ! I don't want to start a war with you! The best place to get your drivers is from your manufacture. If you have had good results; with those programs, then I have no arguments with you. I do not believe in those programs however. The best place to get up dates for your drivers is form your manufacture.:wink:
Here's a good read from my old friend HTG. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!:wink: You may not agree and that's OKI! I hope we can agree to disagree.:wink:
The Only Safe Way to Update Your Hardware Drivers on Windows

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi ! I don't want to start a war with you!

manufacturers are the best source in obtaining device drivers,, but it might be easy for us ( power users) and not for the light user. It is a complex procedure to find the right version for your particular hardware model. Please dont interpret it as a war, i am just sharing my knowledge here. :) infact we both are. We both are working towards resolving OPs issue .

Its always good to discuss things with someone who understands. ^_^

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Here's a typical update driver software program. It's probably one of the best IMHO, but not some thing I need. It's fine to use it for a reference; but IMHO, that's all it's good for, and I'm not going to update these drivers shown here until I'm having a problem. :wink: You should do what ever you need to do to make you feel secure with your windows OS. I'm just going to ask you to do one thing for me. Create a back up image of your OS with a a back up image program and you will be fearless, because you can always get back to where your were when you created that image.:wink. I've been there and done that several times. It's a great feeling! If I can get one person to create back up images of their OS, then I will feel good and know I have made a difference in the computer world and here on Windows Central.

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 6

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Yes Sir! I agree with you 100%! Sorry! I didn't mean this as a war. I can see that you are a well informed PC user and you are very much appreciated my friend!
"Its always good to discuss things with someone who understands. ^_^"

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hey friend@abhishek! Do you think we will ever get any recognition for our efforts here on the forum? Sorry for getting off topic my friend! :wink:
Just wondering about this!:grin: You are doing a great job here on the forum and I wanted you to know this. You have 1,522 posts and counting . Very nice!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster