Lumia 950 Battery Life Estimate 6 Days...

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

No idea what has caused this. All battery apps give the same wrong estimate of time remaining. Over 6 days when it should be something like 1 Day xHours. The battery discharge rate seems to behave as normal percentage wise.

I've just updated it to Windows 10.0.14393.321 - still the same.
I've done a soft reset (power + volume down button) - still the same.

What else can I do? Is the OS dumb? Is the battery screwed?

The phone is under a month old.

p.s the battery gets quite hot under any semi intensive load but this seems to be a very common trait of the phone.

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
No idea what has caused this. All battery apps give the same wrong estimate of time remaining. Over 6 days when it should be something like 1 Day xHours. The battery discharge rate seems to behave as normal percentage wise.

I've just updated it to Windows 10.0.14393.321 - still the same.
I've done a soft reset (power + volume down button) - still the same.

What else can I do? Is the OS dumb? Is the battery screwed?

The phone is under a month old.

p.s the battery gets quite hot under any semi intensive load but this seems to be a very common trait of the phone.

Try letting it drain all the way to 0% (or wherever it shuts itself down at), then plug it in and let it charge to 100%. Might need to do this cycle 2-3 times. Check your battery estimate afterwards and see if it's adjusting to what the real estimate is. If I remember correctly it takes into account past timeframes for how long the battery lasted, so could have been thrown off based on how often you charge

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro