Asus ME400C tablet cannot seem to boot

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello,

I have recently purchased a second-hand ME400C tablet, with windows 10. All was working well for a week until I installed ad-aware, comodo firewall and driver booster. Even after all this, nothing seemed to be wrong, until I installed a driver using driver booster. On restarting my tablet, it got to the log-in screen, where, after about 5 seconds, it just said 'shutting down' and just turned off. It is now stuck at this point, where it boots to the log-in screen and every time, it just says 'shutting down' and proceeds to do so. I have been unable to use the tablet since this happened.

I have also tried startup repair, the diagnosis cannot find the problem or solution. I tried refreshing and even resetting windows, which gets to about 32% and says 'Something went wrong, nothing was changed'. I tried this a few times to no avail. I have been unable to boot in safe mode, unable to use windows restore as it is a relatively new tablet and I didn't think to create a restore point. I also tried changing the hive names for the software and system hive names on X drive using command prompt. The system hive name when inputting 'ren system system.001' seems to be showing no problem, but the software change comes up with the message 'The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process'. I have exhausted all the methods I can from google in order to use the tablet, but I am at my wits end.

Does anyone have any experience regarding this, or that could help me fix this problem?
Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786