Need help to dimm screen at night to get to sleep

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My phone has Windows 10 and I am trying to find an app that can help to dim the screen at night so that it helps to increase my brains production of melatonin so i can get to sleep with more easy, I know of an app from google play that I wish I would fine anything even slightly like it for window, the google play app is called twilight.
I would also be happy to get any tips so that I can dim my screen even more when I need to at night.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to windows central.

even dimming the light will still affect your sleep and melatonin levels as the display will still be emitting the blue light which is what effects the sleep cycle in humans. Microsoft has announced that future upcoming updates on windows 10 devices will bring blue light reduction optimization. currently there are no apps in my knowledge that can help you with that. stay tuned for future updates. ;)

twilight is a great app but unfortunately it isn't available yet on windows phone .

If you need additional help or want to reply to this thread , learn how to join windows central.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you have a Lumia you can use Brightness Profile to reduce the minimum brightness on Low further.

You can then use Color Profile to make the display warmer a la f.lux, but to a lesser extent.

Otherwise you have no other options. Windows Phone does not let apps draw on top of others a la Twilight which basically puts a filter over the screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss