Why are windows phones not able to display web pages correctly?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have a nokia 930 and interactive web pages , layout of non interactive pages are not displayed properly- for example text overlies images where it should not, or touching part of the screen for functionality either does not work at all or results in the incorrect link coming up. I have had an electronic voucher on my phone turned down in a restaurant as it was only displaying part of the code. Thankfully forwarded to my son who was able to see the whole code in the voucher on his android phone. Having purchased a surface pro 4 have learnt my lesson and do not intend to buy anymore microsoft hardware unless something miraculous happens.

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I find Edge browser overall works fine. Sometimes it is more a problem of the website than of the browser, but it varies. In your case, the website might have been designed and optimized (and tested) to be viewed in some browsers (i.e. chrome), but not on others (edge). Who knows. Sometimes selecting "Desktop version" in preferred mode helps. Also there are different browsers for Windows Mobile like Opera, UC browser, Monument Browser. One of those might work, but you never know.
I don't know anything about your particular situation but maybe there was a viable solution all along within your same phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss