Volume varies through headphones.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

When listening to music through headphones after a while volume goes up & down ( mainly down) for no apparent reason. Now r.h. headphone (with vol control) is very low volume & crackles.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site

SlideWRX

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same/similar issue. 950 on production release. I don't listen to my music collection on my phone very often, maybe once every 2-4 weeks. I noticed a couple weeks ago when I tried to listen through the Bluetooth on my car (2016 Cherokee) that the sound level started cutting out. I would have to crank it all the way up to hear it at a normal level. I put it off to the car infotainment Bluetooth system glitching, as my wife has issues with her iphone consistently connecting for audio directions and music.

At work today I pulled out the headphones, plugged in and got the same issue. Where I used to set the volume to ~8-10 for headphones, it is up to 17-19 currently for a similar volume. It started playing at the old volume, then dropped down after 5 seconds or so. I tried a soft reboot, and it is still at the low level requiring a higher setting at 17.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes