Windows phone Message media history missing

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have a Lumia 640 phone. MMS messaging works but the attachments (mostly photos) are missing from older messages (a month or two old and older). I think this is a recent issue. When I look at an older message that used to have a photo display, a link is in the photo's place saying "Get media content now". When I click on the link, the message changes to "Getting media content...", but nothing happens.
/
Any ideas?

earthman007

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
Do you have your phone set to back-up content automatically? Have you checked any back-ups that have been made, for the content you're missing. Which Windows version are you on, 8.1/10 etc?

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I have a Lumia 640 phone. MMS messaging works but the attachments (mostly photos) are missing from older messages (a month or two old and older). I think this is a recent issue. When I look at an older message that used to have a photo display, a link is in the photo's place saying "Get media content now". When I click on the link, the message changes to "Getting media content...", but nothing happens.
/
Any ideas?

I didn't use mms service on my Lumia. But you've to d do a regular backup.
And there is also an app named ' contacts+messages backup ' which is easily find from store.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos