System Image or System Restore (Restore Point) or Recovery Drive or Backup and Restore (Win7)?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My laptop is currently running Windows 10 Anniversary Update and I have the Windows Disc from which I have installed this window but now I have installed bunch of Apps and installed Windows Updates. I want to backup all of my Apps, Settings and Updates. If I ever install Windows 10 again I just don't want to install all those updates and apps again (I might not even remember all of the apps I have now) so How can I create a backup now so in the future whenever I want I can just restore back to this point? Should I create a System Image or System Restore (Restore Point) or a Recovery Drive or Backup and Restore (Windows 7) ? I don't know which one is the right for me because I have never done any Backup, Restore or Recovery. Please Help.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
  • This option is only available in the Control Panel, not the new Settings app. The quickest way to access System Restore settings will be to open the Start menu or Start screen, type “Restore” to search for it, and click the “Create a restore point” shortcut.
ximg_5679dc5ccce54.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.XI23nKVWLQ.png

• You can also open the Control Panel, navigate to “System”, and click the “System Protection” link in the sidebar.

/ A TIP \
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the WindowsCentral(or Mobile Nation services) so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi IMHO You need to do every thing you mentioned. I agree with @Aman DeepSingh. It would be best to join the forum and create a thread there, and then ask these questions!:wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923