Explain the Find My Phone option's last seen details

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I lost my windows phone 8.1 on 1st Nov, 2017. i tried to see 'last seen' using 'Find My Phone' option in Microsoft account.

it shows the date time & location. but i have some questions on that. Please clarify.

1) When the last seen will be updated into 'Find My Phone'?

2) Is 'Last seen' Date time based on the local time or UTC or server time?

3) If the 'last seen' date time is localized, is the location accurate? because i was not in the location, what 'last seen' shown.

4) Any other options to track the phone even the phone was disassembled?

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
1) When the last seen will be updated into 'Find My Phone'?

Daily or every 12 hours at least, unless you have turned on register location of my device more frequently under settings it will be either once or twice in a day. Internet connection should be available.

2) Is 'Last seen' Date time based on the local time or UTC or server time?

The last seen time is based on local time.

3) If the 'last seen' date time is localized, is the location accurate? because i was not in the location, what 'last seen' shown.

Every time, if the device has been registered successfully at the servers exact location is registered with the help of GPS, Network services , Internet. Absence or network or internet could effect in locating the device accurately that might have happened in your case where the last scene location do not match in such scenarios the location wont be exactly correct but around or near to your actual location.

4) Any other options to track the phone even the phone was disassembled?

I am not aware of any.

If you need additional help or want to reply to this thread , learn how to join windows central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes