Nokia Lumia 630, blank grey screen after update !

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I powered up my Nokia 630 last week which had been inactive for about a year, as I was keeping it as a backup to my 735. All was fine and working but them it offered to install an update, which I accepted and let it roll the wheels on. Now there is a blank grey screen where the tiles page should be. Switching it off and on plus a soft reset doesn't change it. Basically I get my pin number page then empty grey after tapping it in. I can see signal level, battery level etc icons at the top of the screen but nothing else. The phone was working fine prior to the update, I'm assuming this was not a Windows 10 update as the 630 doesn't qualify...?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
You are correct, it doesn't quality for it, unless it is the 1GB model. Either way, you have to opt in for the Windows 10 Mobile upgrade. Let it charge for a bit and see what it does. If it restores, it should be just fine.

If not, do the following:

Try connecting it to a computer to see if it does anything. If all else fails, download Windows Device Recovery Tool from here. Install it, and connect your phone. It should detect your phone just fine. Just follow the instructions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999