Is there any way to make the taskbar 100% transparent?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

All I want is to make the taskbar transparent, that's it. It really shouldn't be that hard, yet I haven't found a single way to do it.

All I've found are registry edits that make it a tiny bit more translucent, or third-party programs like ClassicShell that force you to have terrible-looking XP/Vista/7-styled start menus or explorer windows and just offer a transparent taskbar as a side option.

I used to have a theme that made the taksbar transparent after using UxThemePatcher (I think that's what it was called?) but that ended up crashing my computer after a Windows update and forcing me to reinstall the OS. So I'm NOT looking for any kind of hack like that.

If a program like ClassicShell that doesn't heavily modify/replace any system files or even require a reboot can so simply change the transparency of the taskbar, why can't I find anything out there that does just that?

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Welcome to Windows Central! I think this is what you're asking! If you need more help, please join the forum!:wink:

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 14

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos