Should I migrate from iPhone to Windows Phone 10 (Lumia 930)?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

G'day folks,

I am currently debating whether to jump the iOS ship (been on it since day one) and try my sea legs out on the Windows Phone side of the ocean. Would anyone recommend doing this? I have been checking out many articles online with various opinions about staying with WP or jumping ship, and questions about Microsoft's future in the mobile space.

I figure that spending a couple hundred dollars on a new Lumia 930 is a fairly risk-free investment in the potential conversion.

I know about the "app gap" already, but I do have some other questions that I was hoping could be answered.

Is it possible to transfer my history from my iPhone version of WhatsApp to WP10 (or does WhatsApp remember my chats as long as my SIM - and phone number - doesn't change)?
What about transferring contacts and text messages (SMS and MMS) from my iPhone to WP10?
Looking at the Microsoft Store, what is the best way to work out whether a listed app is available for the Lumia 930?

I am sure I will come up with other questions before I make a final decision, but I will leave them for another post.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
1. I would not recommend make the switch but it sounds like you're keeping your iPhone around which should be fine.
I would spend even less on Windows though given MS's disinterest, maybe a nice Lumia 640 will work.

2. Depending on where your contacts are stored, you should be able to sync them with Windows Phone. (whether by Gmail, Outlook or iCloud, those can be added to W10M.)

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
If you looking to spend around 320 that includes tax you can get a At&t Lumia 950 that has some what better specs of a Lumia 930 look on Microsoft store of At&t Lumia 950 or go to AT&T for the Lumia 950.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I just made the opposite move, WM to IOS. I still will keep the 650 I picked up from Cricket to keep my hand in the WM world but I just thought it was time to give something different a look. First time in the Apple eco system. WM is great for day to day useage. I've had all or most all of the WM phones over the years. I've gone from WM to Android and back a couple f times. I've decided that IOS and WM are my tools of choice. Keep your IOS phone and give a 640, 650 WM phone a try. They have good enough specs to give you a good taste of WM. Good luck and enjoy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz